"[Shall we have a sip of tea ?] The afternoon glow is brightening the bamboos, the fountains are bubbling with delight, the soughing of the pines is heard in our kettle. Let us dream of evanescence, and linger in the beautiful foolishness of things."

 

Kakuzô OKAKURA, The Book of Tea, 1906.


Teadrops Prelude

Wednesday, July 8, 2009
 
 
 Edit Post

Hi everyone!


I have been learning so much by reading tea blogs that I felt I needed to give you all a little something back. So here is my blog. Be very welcome!

 

I really discovered tea quite recently, a bit more than a year ago, and it has been a great experience. I started with japanese green teas, which I enjoy very much, then I learned more about red teas (from Darjeeling, Assam, Sri Lanka, Yunnan and Quimen), I discovered white teas, as well as Oolong and Pu Erh.

 

At the moment, I am exploring Oolong and Pu Erh, and I am learning as much as I can about Gong Fu Cha. Stephane from Tea Masters kindly advise me what teapots to choose among his selection. So I would be happy to share my views on GFC tasting with you as soon as I have my two teapots.

 

For the time being, let me share with you the pleasure I get from a couple of teadrops... well, OK, from a little more than that. As my tea tasting moments are often connected to Music and Poetry, I will mention here and there some of my favorite pieces and poems.

 


 
 
commentaires Post a Comment
 
Creative Commons License
Beau-thé by Marisa Liebaut :: Teadrops est mis à disposition selon les termes de la licence Creative Commons Paternité-Pas d'Utilisation Commerciale-Pas de Modification 2.0 Belgique.